Overlooking Kata Beach
Ideally situated on the hill overlooking Kata Beach, the Orchidacea Resort offers maximum comfort accommodations in the peaceful and natural surroundings of exotic plant life, swaying palm trees and beautiful tropical flowers.
And the Andaman Sea
You have only a 3 minute walk to the crystal blue Andaman Sea and the white sandy beaches of Kata. It is only a 5 minute walk to the lovely Kata Village Center.
Patong is a mere 15 minute drive, Phuket town 25 minutes and 50 minutes to Phuket International airport.
Around the Resort - what's nearby
- Restaurants at the resort
- Restaurants near the resort
- Don's Place
- Maggie and Mario's Pizzaria (Rawai)
- Sunset up at the Reggae Bar (overlooking the Andaman Sea)
- And many more - there are many choices
- Jet Ski
- Elephant Rides
- Golf - 5 courses on Phuket Island
Things to do - these beaches are right nearby
- Dino Park Mini Golf
- Boathouse Wine & Grill for upscale cuisine and fine wine
- Sala Thai Restaurant - authentic Thai food since 1987
- Long stretch of beach
- Many restaurants
- Small quaint beach
- Reggae Bar overlooking Kata Noi has an epic view
- One of the best beaches on the island
- Thai restaurants
- Good local scene
- Many great restaurants
- Nightlife - pubs to trendy clubs
Transfer to Kata Beach
- Orchidacea Airport Shuttle
- Airport Taxi
- Meter Taxi
Getting to and from Orchidacea Resort with our Shuttle Service
We offer a shuttle service — this is the easiest, most dependable way to get to and from Kata Beach and the Orchidacea Resort. The ride from Phuket International Airport (HKT) to Kata Beach (at the other end of the island) is about 45 minutes. The Orchidacea Airport Shuttle rates are as follows:
- THB 1,000 Thai Baht per car - one way for 1 - 3 person
- THB 1,400 Thai Baht per minivan - one way for 4 - 5 persons
- 6 or more persons - THB 280 Thai Baht per person
- Before 7am and after 7pm - off-hours time-supplement of THB 200 per car and way applies
Getting to and from Orchidacea Resort via airport taxi, meter taxi or tuk-tuk
- Airport Taxi
As soon as you pick-up your luggage and pass through customs, the "taunts" for the airport taxi's will be there. Most of the time, they are fairly aggressive — there is no way that you can miss them. Their price: THB 600-800 each way per car (not per person).
- Meter Taxi
Exit the airport and walk to the right a few meters and you will quickly see the Meter Taxi stand. If you can get the driver to actually turn on the meter, this is a great deal. Note that there are only 6-5 meter taxis on Phuket Island so fairly often, there is simply not one available.
You will see the little red (and sometimes yellow) tuk-tuk's all over the island. They are not available at the airport. Though you may of course find a tuk-tuk driver to take you to the airport from Kata Beach. Note that tuk-tuk's are not air-conditioned and they are slower than a car or mini-van. An hour in a tuk-tuk on a hot day is not the way to wrap-up your holiday. That said, tuk-tuk can be a great way to get around.