1. How do I pay for my booking?
You can pay for your booking online via a Visa or Mastercard.
2. Can my children stay in the room for free?
One child, under the age of 12, is eligible to stay in your room free of charge. Our various Suites are larger in size and can accommodate 2 children. We do have a limited amount of interconnecting rooms, which enables you to have your children next to you.
3. Are babysitting services available?
Yes, babysitting services are available at the hotels upon request. Please contact the front desk.
4. What are the check-in and check-out times?
The check-in time is 14.00 hours and the check-out time is 12:00 hours. We will of course do our best to have a room available for you whenever you arrive. However, this cannot be guaranteed as it is subject to the occupancy level from the previous night. If you are planning to arrive early then you may wish to book your room from the night before. If you are departing late, special rates are available for late check out.
5. Do you charge for cancellations?
Orchidacea has a cancellation policy which we advise you to read when you make your online booking.
6. When is a good time to visit Phuket?
Phuket is a year-round destination with little change of temperature. However, as Thailand is a tropical country, at certain times of the year, there is a heavier rainfall than at others. Phuket normally has more rainfall from April through September.
7. What is the currency in Thailand?
The currency in Thailand is Thai Baht. There are currency exchange facilities in all the banks. Orchidacea also provides currency exchange services 24 hours a day at our front desk.
8. How do I get from the airport to the hotel?
In Phuket, a range of options are available - the typical assortment of taxis, tuk-tuks, vans.
Truly the best option is our airport transfer service. After a long flight, it is wonderful not to have to worry about finding a taxi or finding the resort. Our service is just THB 800 Baht per person per way (max 3 person). For 4 or more, we have a special mini-bus/van rate.
9. What different types of room are available?
A range of room options with different price ranges are available at Orchidacea. For details on the room types available and the features which they offer, please click here
10. Is it possible to purchase orchids and take them on my flight?
Cut orchids can be taken into most countries. Orchids, packed in special carrying boxes for the flight, can be arranged and will be ready upon your departure to the airport. Please contact the reception for details of the availability and price of this service.
11. Are medical services available at the hotel?
Orchidacea has a doctor on 24 hour call. First aid kits are also available.
12. What are the golf facilities like in Phuket?
Thailand is world-renowned for the quality of its golf courses. In and around Phuket there are many different golf courses to choose from. The hotel concierge can assist to arrange transportation and tee-off times. Please ask for more details when you book if you are interested in a few rounds of golf..
13. What voltage do you use in Thailand?
The voltage in Thailand is 220 volts. If you are coming from America then you will need to use a transformer to operate certain electrical appliances.
14. Do you have satellite television and in-house movies available?
All hotels offer a range of local and international news and entertainment channels.
15. What is the VAT refund system in Thailand?
The current level of VAT in Thailand is 7%. The government has introduced a VAT refund system for tourists. Full details can be obtained from participating shops.
16. How many additional beds can you have in one room?
Most rooms can accommodate only one additional bed.
17. Do you have any special packages for honeymoons and anniversaries?
Yes, a range of packages are available. Please click here
18. What is your policy with regard to pets?
We are sorry to say that we can not accept your pets on the premises.
19. What credit cards do you accept?
- Online, we can accept Mastercard and Visa.
- At the hotel, we can accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express
20. What is there to do in the area?
Please take a look at our dynamic map which shows things to do and points of interest throughout Phuket.